The Kennett High School Mountain Bike Team
and the Mt Washington Valley Bicycling Club
The annual Crank the Kanc bicycle time trial hillclimb takes place each May on the beautiful
Kancamaugus Highway- a Scenic New Hampshire Biway through the White Mountain National Forest.
The race is approx 21.3 miles with 2340 ft. net elevation gain. (+2426 ft./-86 ft.)
Event Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018
2018 On-Line Registration Begins: Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:00AM
The only way to register is on-line at www.bikereg.com/crank-the-kanc-time-trial
Important- There is NO Mail-in or Walk-in registration
Field is limited to 200 solo riders and 15 three-person teams so register EARLY!!!
New this year.... CTK 2018 will be part of the BUMP series (Bike Up the Mountain Point Series).
For those of you interested in registering for additional Hill climb point series races please stay tuned,
more info to come....!
For information on Fees, Cash Prizes, Wait List, etc, check:
- Number pick-up will be held at Kennett Middle School on 176 Main St in Conway, NH on the day of the race. Entrance to the parking lot is to the right of the school and registration table will be in the cafeteria starting at 7:00am. Riders will then make their way to the DOT parking lot on the Kancamagus Highway, approximately 1/2 mile from the traffic light at Route 16.
- BECAUSE OF THE NARROW AND WINDING NATURE OF THE HIGHWAY THAT THE RACE IS BEING HELD ON, THE FOREST SERVICE AND SHERRIF'S DEPARTMENT ASK THAT ANY FAMILY OR SPECTATOR VEHCILES PARK ONLY WHERE THERE IS A PULL-OUT. ANY CAR PARKED BETWEEN THE ROAD AND A GUARD RAIL ENDANGERS THE RACERS, THE FUTURE OF THE RACE, AND IMPEDES THE NORMAL FLOW OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC.
- Also for 2018 the START area will be redesigned for the safety of all racers from vehicles traveling on the Kanamaugus Highway. All racers will be directed to a designated start/warm-up area , no racers will be located near the road way or on the course.
- For solo riders- mandatory Rider Meeting at the start area at 8:55 a.m. The solo riders begin at 9:00 a.m. at 15 second intervals (start times posted at registration).
- For Team Time Trial riders- mandatory Rider Meeting at the start area at 8:25 a.m. and Start at 8:30 a.m.
- Helmets are REQUIRED.
- NOTE: Racers should not use the public restroom facilities at the U.S. Forest Service Saco Ranger Station near the start. Restrooms will be available at the Kennett Middle School and there will be portable toilets at the start and finish areas.
- First 100 registered riders will receive a t-shirt.
- Carpooling arrangements from the finish are recommended.
- Any hand-cycles are required to have a pole and flag attached vehicular visibility.
- This is a public (non-USCF event) all riders welcome.
- NOTE: ALL PROTESTS MUST BE MADE, IN PERSON, DURING THE PROTEST PERIOD IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING POSTING OF THE RESULTS. NO OTHER PROTEST(S) WILL BE ACCEPTED.
All proceeds benefit the Kennett High School Mountain Bike Team and the Mount Washington Valley Bicycling Club in support of its mission to ...foster youth cycling throughout Mount Washington Valley.